It’s become more than a novelty. For many of us, it’s a necessity. We can’t imagine leaving home without it, and even in the most social of situations or settings, we are glued to it, updating our Facebook status, sharing images and ideas on Instagram, and getting a bit frisky on Snapchat. We use them for work, for play, and for all the times in between, a combination of science and staying connected almost eliminating the need for daily calls or annual reunions. Back in the day, it seemed like a future shock fallacy that we would own a device that could broadcast our image as part of a conversation. Today, the smartphone does just that, plus a whole lot more.

So when avid bicyclist Gareth Clear decided to head out and hit some trails, naturally his new iPhone 6 had to make the journey as well. How else could he comment on what he was seeing and share it with friends and family? Anyway, the ride was going well when he missed a pedal, fell flat on his fanny, his new device taking the brunt of the mistake. The next thing the Australian adventurer knew, he smelled smoke, felt heat, and had a major emergency on his hands. What happened? You’ll have to read on to find out.

Gareth Is An Avid Biker


When He Fell On His Phone, This Happened To It


And This Happened To Him


All Images Sourced From HERE

There Is More To The Story Including Gareth’s Own Take On Events – Click Over To The NEXT PAGE To Hear All About It